Family School and Community Partnerships
Mrs. Cynthia Zingler
Director of Family School and Community Partnerships
Telephone: (860) 870-6000
Hello families and community members –
I am excited to be part of the Vernon Family School and Community Partnership Center. We are committed to provide structures to create life-long learners of Vernon students. The work of this office will include implementing structures and supports around family engagement, supporting family partnerships around student learning and coordination and collaboration with all stakeholders to ensure access to available and appropriate resources. Vernon was fortunate to be awarded a grant from the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to support this work.
As of July 1, 2017 all school registration will happen at the Family School and Community Partnership Center. We look forward to meeting our new students and families!
Please register your child for school as soon as possible. Registration for the 2017-2018 school year should take place no later than August 4, 2017.
Friday 9 a.m.—12 noon
Special Hours -
Thursday, July 20– 9 a.m.—7 p.m.
Thursday, July, 27—9a.m.—7 p.m.
Thursday, August 3—9 a.m.—7 p.m.
For more information about upcoming events:
The Family School and Community Partnership Center is partnering with ECHN’s Vernon Family Resource Center to offer these exciting programs this summer:
Starting July 1, 2017
To register for school, please visit during these hours
Monday—Thursday 9 a.m. –3 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.—12 noon
Please plan on 30 minutes for the registration process.
Please be sure to have the following when you come to register:
· Photo ID
· Proof of Residency (see list)
· Guardianship papers (if applicable)
· Child’s long form birth certificate
· Immunization/medical records with up to date physical (within last 12 months)
· Special education records (if applicable)
· School records
· If high school, proof of withdrawal from previous school and transcripts
Accepted forms of proof of residency:
· Current utility bill
· Automobile insurance
· Bank or credit card statement
· Current mortgage bill
· Property tax statement
· Escrow papers or signed mortgage commitment
· Deed to home
· Current paycheck stub with address of residence
· Homeowner's or Renter's insurance policy (policy must be current and in effect)
· Current bill for landline phone
· Rental agreement
Vernon Public Schools Mission Statement
The Vernon Public Schools, in partnership with family and community, is committed to provide a quality education, with
high expectations, in a safe environment where all students become independent learners and productive contributors to society.